1.06.2013

Blessing Time


As most of you already know, in general I can be quite "the glass is half full" type of person.  While 2012 brought some unique challenges and changes, it was also a year full of so many joys and surprises!  So in efforts to curb my pessimistic tendencies, here are a few of my very favorite moments:

January . . . we nestled into our beautiful, new condo in Singapore.  We also discovered our new church family.  So thankful!

March . . . God blessed me with employment at a Japanese English language school as an ESL teacher.  I have wonderful, hard-working students.  I have a flexible boss.  I love what I teach.  God is good!

March - May . . . Explored Singapore and the surrounding Indonesian islands.  We hiked, went beach-ing, toured Indonesian villages and had a few massages.  Pretty glorious!

June . . . our first home leave visit to the United States.  We celebrated my Mom's marriage to my kind step-dad Jim, who makes her so happy.  I played with my 8 adorable nieces and nephews as well and caught up with long-time friends.  We spent quality time on Cody's family farm, swapping stories on the back porch and counting fireflies.  What a fun-filled time with family and friends!

June - July . . . My month-long stay in Iowa with my sis, Mary, her hubby and my two nieces.  What wonderful memories and how I wish to live closer to my family!  (Please God . . . ?)

July . . . What a month!  My SAS roomie, Kimbodia, plus her awesome hubs came for a visit.  I am so blessed by friends, that no matter how many miles or years separate us, we are always able to pick up the conversation where we left off.  Our other Kansas friend, Jose, traveled to Malaysia with us.  Fun times!  Cody's siblings, Zach and Hannah, also stayed with us for 2 1/2 weeks, touring Singapore and exploring Cambodia and Angkor Wat.  In addition, on July 23rd, Cody and I received the surprise of our life - we learned that our sweet baby girl was on the way!  Like I said, what a month of blessings!

August . . . Cody and I celebrated 5 years of marriage.  Here's to many more years of love together (although, I'm not quite sure about the whole 75 years deal!)!

September - Present . . . Marveled at our babe's constant growth, felt her first kicks, saw her for the first time, heard the strong "ka-thump" of her heartbeat and finally "met" her face-to-face at the last sonogram.  Beautiful memories I will treasure always!

November . . . Celebrated our dear daughter's life with family and friends in Pennsylvania.  My Mom and step-sister, Susan, threw me a small, lovely tea party shower in Pittsburgh.  The very next day my creative-genius Mom-in-law planned a gorgeous shower in Latrobe.  I cannot stop smiling when I think of the fun times and everyone's incredible generosity.  (More on this later!)  In addition, our good friends, J&L, came for a Singapore visit and celebrated our first tropical Thanksgiving with us.  We had a blast and still miss them!

December . . . Took a "babymoon"!  Macau proved to be a perfect spot to relax and focus on us before the babe arrives.  (Post coming soon . . .) We also celebrated our second Christmas in the tropics, complete with friend get-togethers, family FaceTime, enchiladas and sugar-free biscotti.  Unconventional maybe, but relaxing and enjoyable.

What blessings God has showered upon us this past year!  And now - Happy 2013!  I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to be pretty grand too.




No comments:

Post a Comment