However, I have to admit. I do have a selfish reason for starting this blog as well. Lately I've found myself falling into the trap of working, eating and sleeping with very little purpose in life and you, my dear friends and family, are going to keep me honest. And with honesty, comes self-reflection. Often I have inspired moments but more often than not, those inspirations never become reality. So in order to counteract this character flaw, I have narrowed it down to four measurable, attainable goals.
My Big Goals (ala TFA)
1) Take the GRE on July 22nd and earn the following scores: Verbal Reasoning 700-800, Quantitative Reasoning 700-800 and Analytical Writing 4.5 or above
2) Run a marathon by August 2012
3) Maintain healthy cooking and eating habits at least 6 days a week
4) Selflessly help another at least once a week
* Disclaimer: I give you full permission to hassle me if I do not stick with these goals!
So. In light of sticking with something and becoming accountable, yesterday I registered for the GRE (July 22nd...yipes!). This morning I took a diagnostic GRE exam. My benchmark percentile ranking was 56%. Not good and a definite reality check. Given that I need serious scholarships in order to afford graduate school, this means I need to get even more serious about studying.
|Time for some serious prep!|
I have faith that I can do much better than my diagnostic score if I create a plan and stick with it. I know that if it is God's will that Cody and I go to graduate school in Fall 2012, then He will work it all out according to His good and perfect will. All I have to do is be diligent and have faith. Off to plan and study!